Monday, December 10, 2012

Etsy Gift Guide

Every year, I want to pull my hair out over buying the perfect Christmas presents for my family and friends. Please, tell me I'm not the only one who stresses over this?! I'm always on the hunt for something unique. I love buying presents that I know people haven't seen on the shelves of every other store in the mall. That's why I always turn to Etsy. While spending hours some time on Etsy, I came across some items that would make the perfect gift for anyone this holiday season.

{via}
This chunky knitted bow scarf from ThreeBirdNest is on my Christmas wish list! I am head-over-heels in love with it. Cute, warm, unique....what more could you want? I'm actually in love with everything in the ThreeBirdNest shop, so if you're in need of something special for your sister or best friend, go check it out!

{via}
Looking for a unique idea for a newlywed or an old friend? How about a recipe box, like this one from sewindieshop. I love the idea of giving someone the gift of a recipe box or book with a few of your favorite recipes inside. This is also a great gift for a bride-to-be....like me!

{via}
Ladies, we all know how hard it is buying a present for our better half. You ask them what they want and their answer is always "I don't know." Well, how about some beer soap. What man would not want to lather up with a bar of soap made with beer?! Etsy offers a ton of different shops that sell beer soap, but this particular 6 pack comes from peculiarpotions. You'll never have to beg the man in your life to take a shower ever again....

{via}
I am in love with these coffee sleeves by BabyofftheHook! These would make the perfect stocking stuffer for the coffee lover in your life.

{via}
Do you know someone who loves to entertain? How about a set of monogrammed plates from NOLASalvageCreations? Any hostess with the mostess would love to show off these beauties! This would also be a great idea for a bride-to-be with her future last initial. I personally would die over these monogrammed 'B' plates for when I become Mrs. Barber.

What are your go-to Etsy shops for gift giving?


8 comments:

Kate said...

What a great guide! I love three birds nest's shop, everything is so cute!

Logan Cantrell said...

Thank you for posting! I love all of these gift ideas! I want the recipe box and coffee sleeve for myself! ha

-Logan
www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

Jena Roach said...

I die. I love ALL of these. Seriously, I need an unlimited Etsy card. I love everything!

Erin said...

The beer soap. I think it should be on my own Christmas list

Helene said...

that bow scarf is amazing!!!

The Best of Both Worlds said...

Love that scarf! Super cute finds!

Shelby @ Sweetness in Starlight said...

Oooh I love that recipe box! That would be such an awesome gift for my boyfriends mom. Thanks for the great ideas!! :)

Shawn @SIDONIEYANG said...

Your selections are all so elegant and beautiful. I could think of someone (or two) for each and every one of the items you chose! I would get the soaps for myself, though...

That said, it's almost Christmas 2013 now, and your choices are still awesome.

My wife and I also make some awesome accessories and sell them on Etsy. The great thing about Etsy is that you're supporting someone who put their heart and soul into their work... could be someone local, could be someone from somewhere you've always dreamed of going! Or maybe someone from a place you fell in love with long ago...

Our handmade accessories are made of paper, but it's a type of paper which people often mistake for leather... but no animals needed to be hurt! Our paper is as strong as leather and lasts just as long: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sidonieyang

I hope you like our work! But, no matter what you choose on Etsy, it's still a great choice and whoever you decide to purchase from will surely appreciate your support and patronage!