Tuesday, October 9, 2012

All That Glitters


Who wouldn't want all of those diamonds? Us girls love our jewelry, especially anything that sparkles. Whether it be your engagement ring, those diamond studs your parents gave you as a gift, or that ruby ring passed down from your grandmother, the dirt and grime of daily life can really dull the sparkle. A lot of jewelry stores will clean your jewelry for free, but why make an unnecessary trip when you can clean your jewelry at home! I found this cleaning method on Pinterest (obvi) and ladies, it's so simple. All you need is dishwasher detergent, warm water, and a soft bristle toothbrush.

We buy our dishwasher detergent at Sam's hence it's ginormous size, and yes, I bought that toothbrush at Kroger.
Mix three parts warm water with one part dishwasher detergent. Dip your toothbrush in the mixture and scrub your jewelry, making sure to get in all the crevices. It's very important that you use a soft bristle toothbrush so you don't scratch your jewelry! If your jewelry is extra dirty, let it sit in the mixture overnight. When you're finished cleaning, rinse and dry your jewelry and, TA-DA! Your jewelery is as sparkly as the day you first got it!

Okay, so you can't capture sparkle on an iPhone, but I promise my bling is blinding me after using this cleaning method!
So get out that dishwasher detergent and start scrubbing those jewels! Happy Tuesday, lovelies!

4 comments:

julia rose. said...

GIMME THOSE RINGS!!! So gorgie, just like your ring! I'll remember this for when I buy myself my own bling one of these days after I adopt my Kenyan baby, of course.

Michelle said...

Good to know! And I love your ring.

Unknown said...

Just need to get a ring to clean and then I'll be using this method. LOVE the picture will all the rings :)

Kristin said...

thanks for sharing!